What is Eczema?
Dermatitis is non- contagious inflammation of the skin. Eczema makes your skin red, scaly and itchy in mild conditions and in severe conditions skin crusts, oozes and bleeds. Eczema can occur at any age group but usually seen in children.
What are the symptoms of Eczema?
Symptoms vary from person to person and commonly include:
- Itching and burning of the skin
- Redness of the affected area
- Scaling and thickening of the skin
- Oozing of thin liquid from small bumps which are formed on the surface of skin
- Crusting and bleeding of the skin in severe cases
- Rawness and sensitive skin
What are the causes of Eczema?
- Eczema tends to run in families. There is usually a personal or family history of allergy like asthma, hay fever etc.
- Allergic or sensitive skin
- Exposure to irritants
- Extremes of climate like heat, dampness, severe cold
Homeopathic treatment for Eczema
The outlook of the treatment rests mainly on eliminating the cause or causes. You should avoid possible sources of the causative allergens. Eczemas are curable and non-scarring. Emollients (non-cosmetic moisturizers) help to keep the skin moist and prevent cracks and an important component in managing eczema.
AIS Clinic has expertise of treating eczema cases successfully. Homeopathic medicines are prescribed with an aim to desensitize and correct the deviated immune process. Regular use of medicines reduces the skin inflammation, itching and aids in complete recovery of eczema.
Self-help for managing Eczema
- Avoid any injury to the skin using too hot water, detergents, solvents etc.
- Use lukewarm water for bath
- Use soap free cleanser instead of soaps
- Use soft cotton clothing. Avoid woollen clothing.
- Avoid perfumed products
- Avoid body deodorants and colognes
- Refrain from scratching as far as possible
- Diet should be simple. Cut down on intake of red meat and processed food.