Hair loss in women (Overview)
The problem of baldness is not gender specific. Women too face it but the reasons are different from those in men. Hair loss in women is caused due to certain medical conditions, errors in diet and faulty hair care practices.
Causes of Female Pattern Baldness
Female Pattern Baldness is triggered by:
- Hereditary hair loss accounts for the majority of the cases in women.
- Hormonal imbalances in the body due to conditions like polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), or menopause can cause the hair follicles to shrink due to increased levels of male hormone (testosterone). The hormonal imbalance influences the hair follicles to shrink thereby making the hair look thinner and ultimately fall off.
Symptoms of Female Pattern Baldness
Hair loss can also be a symptom of:
- Iron deficiency anaemia leads to excessive hair shedding and is the most common reason in Indian women. Lack of Iron affects the hair’s ability to grow. Low iron levels can also causes the hair to change structure, become dry, not hold the curl, and break easily.
- Thyroid disorders can result in or intensify hair loss
- Crash dieting
- Intake of certain medications
Homeopathic treatment for hair loss
The core goal of the treatment is to boost the anagen (growth phase) of the hair and slow down the pace of baldness. The oral medicines used act as natural DHT inhibitors which protect the hair follicles from shrinking, improves nutritive flow to the hair roots, and helps in preventing and controlling hair loss. Treatment facilitates hair growth in early stages of baldness.
The outlook of the treatment rests mainly on the age and general health condition of the patient. Patients who are below forty years respond very well to the treatment. Improvement is noticed in about 3-6 months’ time however it is recommended to take regular medicines until optimum outcome is attained. AIS Clinic has expertise of treating hair loss and female pattern baldness effectively.