Dealing with chronic skin eruptions can play havoc on your emotional health. According to a survey carried out most of the people with psoriasis undergo psychological difficulties including embarrassment, depression and fear. Almost 16% claim that psoriasis has held them back in their job, with more than 51% feel that colleagues act as if there is something wrong with them because of the way they look. Sadly, about 38 percent feel that their partner find them unattractive as a result of psoriasis.
Dealing with psoriasis can lead to stress, and stress can you’re your psoriasis worse. Also, constantly worrying about psoriasis may make treatments less effective.
Here are some tips to effectively manage the stress:
- Get educated- Being knowledgeable about the disease helps significantly. You often then have the right answers to describe your problem. Other people usually fear that the skin disease can spread by touch. You will have to calmly explain that psoriasis does not spread by touch.
- Build your confidence- Never give up hope! Psoriasis can be managed quite effectively when you follow the prescription given by the doctor. Be determined that your skin eruptions will clear-up in the times to come.
- Reduce stress- Stress can negatively affect the skin eruptions and can make psoriasis and psoriasis arthritis worse. Coping up with stress can greatly benefit in clearing psoriasis. Yoga and physical activity have shown positive outcomes to reduce stress and clear-up psoriasis. Exercise releases feel-good hormones and can help lift your mood. In addition, exercises increase production of endorphins which result in pain reduction in psoriatic arthritis.
- Sleep well – Catching up with good sleep often helps to clear the skin eruptions.
- Socialize: Connect with people! Socialising is a great way to reduce stress. You can join psoriasis support networks, get together and share your experiences living with psoriasis. Patients can improve their outcomes by connecting with and learning from others who have a similar problem.