What are the Symptoms of Urticaria?
Urticaria refers to a common group of disorders that causes weals and red itchy patches on the skin surface. It can occur at any age group, but its incidence is highest at puberty and middle age.
What are the symptoms of Urticaria?
- Swelling of the skin
- Red patches and weals
Sometimes the symptoms can be very severe and can cause chest tightness, difficulty in breathing, dizziness and swelling of tongue and throat. In such cases one needs to seek emergency care.
Homeopathic treatment for Urticaria
Treatment for urticaria depends on the type of hives and its cause. Treatment consists of the following:
- Eliminating the cause- eliminating food you are allergic to; by withdrawing the drug if urticaria is caused due to medicine. Removal of psychogenic cause if it is due to stress.
- Controlling the symptoms like swelling of skin, itching and burning by using prescribed homeopathic medicines.
- Regular use of homeopathic medicines to decrease the underlying tendency to urticaria and eventually to eliminate urticaria.
Treatment for urticaria have a good outlook, the symptoms clear within few weeks if the urticaria is of acute origin and may take several months if it is chronic in nature. Once the cause is established and eliminated then the tendency to urticaria also decreases. At AIS Clinic, we have expertise of treating chronic and acute forms of urticaria cases successfully. The medicines prescribed do not make you drowsy and has no side effects.
Treatment for severe Urticaria
- Avoid known triggers
- Avoid intake of alcohol as it causes the blood vessels to dilate
- Avoid exposure to extreme hot areas
- Keep the affected area cool using ice pack , cool shower or exposing to fan
- Avoid stress